"Thank you for applying but..." Jobs
- Penn Undergraduate Research Mentoring Program
- Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs
Thing I Swore I'd Finish But Never Did
- Continue drawing after high school
Everyday L of Life
- I keep sleeping through my 10:30am class that I actually enjoy going to.
Failures That Seemed Like the End of the World Back Then But Don't Matter in Hindsight
- Changing my major spring of sophomore year from ChemE to DMD right after I got a C in orgo even though I had barely coded before
- After I got a C+ in CIS 121 and CIS 262, I thought I was a failure in everything I studied.
Memories I Made While I Wasn’t Studying/Working
- Continuously learning with fellow Asian American and Pacific Islander students to explore and take ownership of our racial and cultural identity
- Talking about life and future with my residents while eating Trader Joe snacks
Things I've Learned That Will Still Matter in 10 Years
- I have learned and reflected deeply about my Asian American identity and how to become an effective organizer for social change.
- Active listening and how to be there for others
- Actually know about my own history
Books I've Read For Fun
- Orientalism by Edward Said
- All About Love by Bell Hooks
Things I'm Proud of That You Won't See on a Resume
- I have formally been in mentorship for over 80 first-year students the past three years and I would like to think I have made some positive impact in their lives.
- I have challenged a lot of groups I am in on what social events at Penn could look like that doesn't include drinking.
Quirk That Makes Me Who I Am
- I watch a lot of competitive Tetris for entertainment.