"Thank you for applying but..." Jobs
- Applied to multiple Disney internships - all failed
- Didn't make it to the interview for 90% of the consulting jobs that I applied for
Clubs that "weren't a good fit"
- Social Impact Consulting
- Penn International Impact Consulting
- Almost all consulting clubs at Penn
- 180 Degrees Consulting
Everyday L's of Life
- Unable to regularly facetime my family
- Not being able to hangout with friends whom I have lost touch with since sophomore/junior year
Failures That Seemed Like the End of the World Back Then But Don't Matter in Hindsight
- I failed so many exams in Econ, Finance, Acct, STATs,.....especially in Econ where I got quite significantly below the mean.
Memories I Made When I Wasn't Studying/Working
- Vietnamese Students Association Culture show (4th year in a row)
- Karaoke/movie nights with my friends
- PEER retreats, ILP (Intercultural Leadership Program) retreats
Things I've Learned That Will Still Matter in 10 Years
- Be kind to everyone and show them respect: people remember kindness.
- Don't expect things from others if I can't demonstrate those qualities in myself.
- Awesome things happen when one adopts a positive and hopeful attitude.
Thing I'm Proud Of That You Won't See on a Resume
- I'm proud that I have made great friendships with genuine people who inspires me to be a kinder, better and more optimistic person everyday.
Quirk That Makes Me Who I Am
- I need to have something red in my food otherwise I won't enjoy it lol
Thing I've Done That Pushed Me Out Of My Comfort Zone
- Working on an app startup for resettlement agencies to improve their communications
- Putting a smile on anyone's face :)
Leap of Faith
- Working in Hollywood!
Books I've Read For Fun
- Agatha Christie's crime novels
- The Notebook
- The Alchemist