Clubs that "weren't a good fit"
- Oracle Senior Society
- PEER Mentoring Program Board
- Red Cross Club Board
- Many more from freshman year!
Everyday L's of Life
- Setting a goal to study during x time period, and spending the time looking at memes instead
- Laying in bed for too long after waking up
- Sitting on the toilet for too long because I was on my phone
- Not sleeping enough and falling asleep in class the following day
Failures That Seemed Like the End of the World Back Then But Don't Matter in Hindsight
- Failing two Chem 101 midterms
- Getting a C- in a bio class despite being a bio major (at the time)
- Career Services telling me I shouldn't be premed because my GPA isn't high enough
- Being rejected from multiple entry level lab research positions because I didn't have enough lab experience
Things I've Learned That Will Still Matter in Ten Years
- It's okay to enjoy spending time alone.
- Try your best to assume the good intentions in people instead of assuming the bad intentions. It's better for your anxiety.
- Be straightforward and tell people what you want and what you don't want. Saves time and energy.
Books I've Read For Fun
- Crazy Rich Asian series by Kevin Kwan
- The Defining Decade by Meg Jay (highly recommend!)
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki (great read to start thinking about finances!)
Things I'm Proud of That You Won't See on a Resume
- Won the 2018 SPEC Fling Meme Contest
- Being ranked #9 worldwide in an MMORPG game at one point
- Winning Miss Asian Teen Philly Pageant in 2015
- Starting my own passion project and selling homemade soaps
- Creating my own blog with my own domain (qqueenie.net!)
- Playing the Otamatone (check out some videos on youtube!)
- Playing cat's cradle with myself
- Knowing various kpop dances
Things I've Done That Pushed Me Out of my Comfort Zone
- Danced in front of a large crowd
- Acted in a cultural show (despite being known for being monotone)
- Signed up to run a 5k and 10k despite hating running
- Made a Tinder/Coffee Meets Bagel/Bumble
- Took Muay Thai and martial arts classes
- Went to EZoo 2018
Leaps of Faith
- Dropping Pre-med as a second semester sophomore and changing my major to psychology
- Working at a non-profit over the summer instead of doing research like Career Services suggested
- Planning a trip to Europe without asking my parents for permission
Chinese Students' Association
- 2015 - Applied to be freshman liaison and was rejected
- 2016 - Elected as Secretary
- 2017 - Elected as Cultural Chair
alpha Kappa Delta Phi (aKDPhi)
- 2016 - Went to all Open rush AND closed rush events and didn't get a bid
- 2017 - Rushed again and received a bid!
- 2018 - Elected as Community Service Chair
- 2019 - Elected as Vice President of New Member Education
PEER Mentoring Program
- 2017 - Applied to be a mentor and was rejected
- 2018 - Accepted as a mentor and currently in the program now :) !